Sacred Grove

mormon

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So Loved! and So blessed!

I was continuing my reading in D & C 3 today and was just touched by the love of the Lord. In verse 4 and 5 He tells Joseph how he has been given strict commandments to follow. If we don't than we must suffer the consequences. I love verses 9 and 10, "Behold, thou are Joseph, and thou wast chosen to do the work of the Lord, but because of transgression, if thou art not aware thou wilt fall. But remember, God is merciful; therefore, repent of that which thou hast done which is contrary to the commandment which I gave you, and thou art still chosen, and are again called to the work." I love that. We have to be aware of what we have done and of our dependence on the Savior. But, it we repent, all is not lost, and we can get back on the road that He has in store for us. I love this. It reminds us that our lives are never hopeless, and that through repentance, we can feel the joy of doing His will.

No comments: