Sacred Grove

mormon

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

D & C 3 and 4

I had one more thought from section 3 before I move to section 4. In verse 15, it says, "For thou hast suffered the counsel of they director to trampled upon from the beginning. "When you look at the footnote, the director is the Lord. This was given after the 116 pages of the manuscript had been lost. As I was pondering this this morning, I thought to myself, how often have I allowed His counsel to trampled upon? How often have I felt a prompting and ignored? I am working harder on that. As I was listening to Elder Perry's talk from this past conference, he talked about how if we take care of ourselves physically than we are setting ourselves up to be more in tune with the Spirit. As I have been working hard since the beginning of the year to loose weight and be healthier, I have felt like there have been times that I have heard the whisperings of the Spirit a little more clearly. I am grateful for that. It has given me added incentive to exercise and eat healthy.

Section 4 is an awesome section, quite often referred to as the missionary section. In verse 2, as it talks about serving God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength, I have a written referral to Mark 10:17-22, 25-31. This is the story of the man who came and asked the Lord what more he could do as he had kept the commmandment from his youth. The Lord responded with go and sell all that you have and then follow me. And the man sadly turned away. I wonder if the man was looking for a pat on the back, and then it was his pride that caused him to deny his riches to be given up. I like the second part of that chapter as it talks about how with men it is impossible, but with God all things are possible. We can't do it all on our own. We have to rely on the arm of the Lord to be able to give our wills to Him. In verse 30, it says that he shall recieve an hundred fold. When we give it all up and let it go to the Lord, we recieve so much more. I feel that way so much in my life. Right now, I have all I ever dreamed of and more. I have a great family, a great husband, and awesome children. I feel so blessed.

No comments: