Sacred Grove

mormon

Monday, February 2, 2009

D & C 3:1-2 and a sower

"The works and the designs, and the purposes of God cannot be frustrated, neither can they come to naught. For God doth not walk in crooked paths, neither doth he turn to the right hand nor to the left, neither doth he vary from that which he hath said, therefore his paths are straight, and his course is one eternal round." I love this section, verses one and two as it gives us insight into the Savior. Not only does He do what He says he is going to do, but He doesn't look to the left or to the right. He stays on the straight and narrow. It makes me think of the scripture that talks about the people having no more disposition to do evil. We are to be like the Savior, and we must not only try to keep the commandments, we must also not do them begrudgingly or do them while looking for something else. Where are heart is truly does matter.
I had a friend recently write the quote, "At the end of the day, think not on the harvest that you reaped, but the seeds that you sowed." -Robert Louis Stephenson on her blog. I have been pondering that a lot and thinking how I can become more of a sower. How can I change my heart to look out more and to think more on others. I know that it is in giving and losing yourself that you find yourself.

No comments: