Sacred Grove

mormon

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

D & C 6

Don't know exactly what happened to keep me away so long. I taught in Gospel Essentials, and I started preparing that Thursday and Friday. It was a good lesson because of all the great participation in the class. It was on The Primitive Church. A great question was asked, "Why did the church fall into apostasy?" It sparked quite a great discussion.

The kids were out of school on Monday and Tuesday, so I guess I was just being a mom and didn't put the effort needed to study the scriptures in depth. So, we are starting back at it today!

I love studying the Doctrines and Covenants and seeing all the miracles that surround the coming forth of the Book of Mormon. This is the section where Oliver Cowdery came to see Joseph Smith as being called by the Lord, and where Joseph had prayed for a scribe and was told that one would come in a few short days. Every time I read about the Book of Mormon and how it came to be translated, I stand in awe of the hand of the Lord throughout the whole process.

In verse 2, it talks about the word being quick and powerful. I pondered tis and thought about how it truly is so powerful and quick to help us follow the Lord. As I looked in the student manual, it says, "quick in the bible dictionayr means something 'living, alive.' Thus, to be quickened by the Spirit means to give spiritual life. The work of the Lord is quick and powerful because it is a source of life, energy, and real power. " I like that. It truly does enliven us. I see such a difference as I study the scriptures.

I have been pondering a lot and I want to be more of whom the Lord has in store for me. I knw that can only happen as I turn my will over to the Lord. I need to be more diligent in praying always. In following the talk given by Elder Bednar, I can be strenghtened through my weaknesses if I turn to the Lord and give my life over to Him. Reading the scriptures puts Him first and helps me to have perspective for my day. I know that I can do and be so much more. I have so much to work on and it is only through the Lord that I can become who He wants me to become.

No comments: