Sacred Grove

mormon

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Sacrament Prayers

I was studying this week, again from the book, "The Holy Secret" and learning a unique difference between the two prayers. In the prayer over the bread, it states that they are willing and then lists three things; take upon the name of Christ, always remember Him, and Keep His commandments. The promise is that we will ALWAYS have His spirit to be with them. In the prayer on the water, it says "That they do" and then only lists always remember Him, and the promise is to have the Spirit with them. Let's start with the bread; it is a covenant. If we do those three things, then we will always have the Spirit to be with us. Do we always have His Spirit with us? If not, then we know that we are not doing one of those three things, taking his name upon us, always remember Him, and keep His commandments. The prayer over the water is about how we can get the Spirit back. He knows that we aren't perfect and that we will make mistakes, so we will have to figure out how to get the Spirit back. Where do we start? Through the Atonement, which is what the water symbolizes, the blood, we repent and then we promise to always remember Him. I am grateful for what I have learned and for the new insight I have to the Sacrament. I will look at it differently. I am grateful for the gifts He has given me and the opportunities for learning and growth that I am given.

No comments: