Sacred Grove

mormon

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The ministry of Angels

I have been listening to Elder Holland's talk from last conference on the ministry of angels. I am struck by so many of his thoughts. No matter how many times, I listen to a talk, I pick up something different every time. I can remember the following thoughts. I love this first quote,

"I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He “would fight [our] battles, [our] children’s battles, and [the battles of our] children’s children.”10 And what do we do to merit such a defense? We are to “search diligently, pray always, and be believing[. Then] all things shall work together for [our] good, if [we] walk uprightly and remember the covenant wherewith [we] have covenanted.”11 The latter days are not a time to fear and tremble. They are a time to be believing and remember our covenants."

This whole talk is amazing, but I just love those words. We only have to search diligently, pray always, and be believing. Then, he will cause that all things will work together for our good. He will send angels to minister and help us.

No comments: