Sacred Grove

mormon

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I was reading earlier this week and found some scriptures that I hadn't thought in that way before. In Alma 34:31, it reads, "of ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you." I was struck by the word immediately. How often so we hear that word in the scriptures? How often does the Lord make such a promise. In a world where everyone is so instantaneous and the gospel is about the long term and working towards a goal, the word immediately caught my attention. Verses 33 and 34 of this chapter go on to talk about how we have to improve our station in this life, that there is no time to procrastinate. I have always loved the thoughts in 34 that say that we are the same person in the next life as we are now. We will not wake up and be a different person.

In Saturday's Young Women's conference, a good friend of mine quoted the following:

Sister Dalton quoted Winston Churchill as saying the following:

"To every Young Woman there comes a special moment when they are figuratively tapped on the shoulder and offered a choice to do a very special thing unique to them. What a tragedy if that moment finds them unprepared or unqualified for that which could have been their finest hour." Sister Dalton added: This is a critical time. You are being tapped on the shoulder. You are preparing now for that work which will be your finest hour. You are preparing for eternity."

What a great reminder that we must do our best everyday. We cannot wait for the end to be good. We must try hard and rely on the Savior to do our best today. I see the great blessings in our lives at times when I know that Drew and I were trying to do our best. I would hate to have passed those great blessings by. I hope that I can always strive to be on the right path, so that I can return to my Father in Heaven.

No comments: